Friday 15 February 2019

Sing in the Storm


Though the fig tree does not bud and there is no fruit on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will triumph in Yahweh; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation!
Habakkuk 3:17‭-‬18 HCSB

These verses were once a scripture in song that ai learned back in the 70's. It was good to know this song as the verses became a part of me. No matter what I will rejoice in the Lord.

Each of us can go through some very hard times yet if we remember to keep our eyes upwards, we will see God in the storm. He must be our focus.

Because God had me learn a scripture in Hebrews: for you have need of endurance so that you might prove the will of the Fsther and receive what has been promised (10:36), I have been encouraged to keep going and keep seeking God. The tendency is to throw it all away and give up because it is too hard.

As Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego discovered when thrown into the fiery furnace, God was with them and they were not burned. They refused to recant their faith and said they trusted in God. God did not fail to show up, in the fire. They were not burned and were gloriously delivered.

So...sing in the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment