Sunday 9 June 2019

The Holy Spirit- my Comforter

“I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught. John 14:25‭-‬27 MSG

There are many things that make us distraught: relationship challenges; financial instability; mental instability. Distress makes us reach for a panacea to cover the pain. Yet the really best way to deal with the pain is facing it.

Facing our pains, dealing with the causes, cleanses the wounds and allows healing. The Holy Spirit is the very best person to be with us in all areas of healing and the facing of reality.

We need to be mindful that having the Holy Spirit does not mean we are magically whole. There is a healing process and the healing comes through awareness. There are times that counselling is required. However, godly counselling, and in fact theophostic counselling, whereof the Holy Spirit is involved (the presence of the Holy Spirit ministers to the counsellee), is the very best.

God gave us His best in His Son and He, in turn, gave us His best, the Holy Spirit! We are blessed indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment