Wednesday 15 May 2024

The complaints department

“He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Today I would have loved having the role of pruning an organisation, the language school staff were unhelpful, except for one. The walls were filthy, the stairs decrepit, the building looked as if another earthquake would demolish it. It took a long bus trip and a 30 minute walk to reach, and the return bus was found on a different route, up many stairs and down again. Can you see what branch I need to cut off, the complaints department!

I think my problem was I am being stretched, massively. A part of me, the 70 year old part, was whining. There is fear there as well. Can I do this, will I find my way by myself, is this the way the Lord wants for me? I think when things are hard we assume that we have misheard the Lord and we look for an easier way. (Can you hear the big baby? Waaa!)

Lunch and a nap sorted my attitude, some, listening to a good preaching sermon also helped. Now to find an easier path. The school want $500 US in crisp new money. No marks, no bends, crisp! Why not electronic payments? Why do I have to run around moneychangers and banks, because they said so! Praise God! He has a purpose! Amen!

1 comment: