Wednesday 15 May 2024

The cut

“He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”John‬ ‭15‬:‭2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Either way you look at it there is a cut, there is no such thing as cruising or status quo. We are being transformed into the image of the Son of God. 

Jesus said: “Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”Matthew‬ ‭21‬:‭44‬ ‭NIV‬‬
This sounds more severe that a cut. However, the Father is teaching us to give up the logs in our eyes and learn to deal with our own hearts. If I am in conflict, why? Are self-centered ways ruling my life? Have people, to date, accommodated my selfishness with, “that is just the way he/she is”. We can manage to push our own way if we are a leader of a church or a corporate organisation, or a family. Dying to self must be something we prioritize, otherwise self will rule. Being sensitive to others must be before our eyes, always, along with pleasing the Lord.

I am going through a period of conflict and each time I am having to look at my own heart and not sit in the corner with a finger pointed at the one I am in conflict with. It is good for me. I want to learn the lesson quickly as confrontation, while necessary, hurts. I can see the Lord is creating a house into which He feels welcome at all times. Welcome Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment