Friday 31 May 2024

The stretch

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”Isaiah‬ ‭26‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The Lord said, “my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways” (Isaiah 55:8,9)
We can assume we know what the Lord is thinking, however if we base it on our own reasoning about our circumstances we will be wrong.

We are limited in vision and knowledge. We also tend to be very selfish, and so our view is skewed to the flesh.

Today I walked around 4 kms to the swimming pool and back, I swam 20 laps of a 50m pool. In times past my body complained about walking, swimming amd walking again. However, now it knows it can do it. I’ve now changed the route to throw in a few hills to lengthen the stretch and am still able. At present I manage two days a week, however, the goal is five days a week. Stretch makes us able to do more.

God is stretching us to take greater steps. He can see how able we are, we are limited by our physical and mental beings. There is a scripture that says: “Enlarge the place of your tent; Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, do not spare them; Lengthen your ropes And strengthen your pegs.”Isaiah‬ ‭54‬:‭2‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

Be ready to stretch! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment