Tuesday 21 May 2024

Walking in the light

“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”John‬ ‭8‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Saying to a group of people that they walk in darkness when in the natural they do not, does not impact unless they have a conviction that they are lost and in the dark. In fact they Pharisees refuted Jesus’ statements as those a man would make about himself. Unfortunately blind guides do that. The Pharisees were blind to their sin. They had exalted ideas on their worth to God. Jesus called them blind guides.

When we have a conviction of our sin we know we need the light to guide us. I know that without the light Jesus gives me, I walk in darkness. I cannot trust my own light and wisdom as ai know it is from myself, a natural person. However, as I walk in His light I know I am secure and in Him. His way is truth and life.

Contrary to popular belief, do not trust your own heart, for it is selfish and full of deceit. Only a heart set on God’s ways is safe. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment