Thursday 6 June 2024

Love mercy

“No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”Micah‬ ‭6‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I cannot love mercy if I am consumed with self-righteous offence and judgmentalism. Jesus took the Pharisees, Scribes and Saducees to task for their self-righteous stance on all He said and did. He eevwm went so far as to tell they they were just like their father, Satan. This did not go down well and I am sure their self-righteous faces were smirking when they thought they had rid themselves of Him by crucifying Him on a cross. However, just as He promised He rose from the dead.

Today, I notice this spirit is alive and well in those who troll the likes of Bill Johnson and Chris Valloten. I am ashamed to say I have a past friend who is one of these. Every time he commented I saw a bitter, religious spirit. 

Jesus said that He was not the judge, that that role belonged to the Father. What gives us the right to smash the reputation of others publically? Why not make an appointment and meet to discuss divisive issues? Social media is not the place. It is ugly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment