Thursday 6 June 2024

What is required?

“No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”Micah‬ ‭6‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

To do what is right, we first must know what is right. How do we know what is right? God tells us in His word. Loving mercy and walking humbly is the right attitude, not assuming we are right because we feel right. Feelings are good servants not good masters. They should follow good behaviour.

How do I love mercy? By practising forgiveness. By recognising no one sin is greater than another. The sin of pride is just as dark as murder. Murder comes from a hateful attitude towards others. Jesus taught that if we hate we are guilty of murder. Hate causes gossip and malicious talk about others. These sins are from the same stream.

Walking humbly I recognise my own foolishness and motivations. What do I do in an effort to be loved and accepted? What actions come from pure love? What come from vanity? Walking humbly causes me to depend on my God.

God’s love is enough, I do not need to strive to impress. Seeking recognition from people instead of God is foolish. Onky God is eternal and only God is just and faithful. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment