Sunday 2 June 2024

The seventh day

“On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.”Genesis‬ ‭2‬:‭2‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The seventh day in Australia is a fun day, lay in day, a picnic day. In Nepal it is a work day.

Today I walked 3kms to church. I love to walk as that is how I see people, say hello and see their lives. I participated in a great service, had lunch with friends and walked home again, another 3kms. I saw a lot, I smiled a lot, I spoke the Nepali greeting a lot. A totally satisfying day. It took 51/2 hours out of my day. At lunch I discovered books at the bakery and asked if I could borrow one, as they were not for sale. I now sit on my bed ready to read and possibly fall asleep finishing off a wonderful Sunday.

What a good day to prioritise the Lord! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment